Saturday, October 15, 2011

All the cards

9/22/11 : 341 lbs and 10/16/11: 302 lbs

Last Thursday was my third follow up visit with Dr. K. I'm finally stitch-free! Woohoo!
The removal was a little painful. I also asked a few questions about this irritating pain below my port incision. After thinking about how to translate it into English, Dr. K's resident took out her trusty post-it pad and wrote. " Port will irritate soft abdomen tissue. Okay? ^^" I gave her the thumbs up and she added "sore maybe 2 more weeks" and smiled. So I guess the adjeoshi from my train debacle last week didn't unhinge anything.

As thy were cleaning incisions Dr. K said they were looking good and I probably will have minimal scarring if any at all! SWEET! I was nervous about my fill so I asked Dr. K how many CCs he was going to put in today. He said  " Why dont you hop on the scale so we can see" . Reluctant to hop on the scale because I figured I'd been on soft foods for little under a week and I thought that I wouldn't see much change from last visit. Down 1.5 kgs. Woop woop!  I smiled . The doc and his assistant put my new weight into the comp.  "Om my got!" the nurse said. "Ship pal kilo" I heard . I've lost 18kgs since surgery? My Korean isn't flawless, but did I hear her right? I did the math in my head 39lbs. Say what????? The nurses told me they weighed me the day of surgery ad I was a whopping 155kgs which is roughly 341lbs.  So I started thinking back to the weight I'd already lost coming to Korea. The number baffles me. So I put my clothes back on and as I came back into the room the whole surgical staff applauded me. Talk about a supportive surgical team! Koreans love for others to be skinny. As I went to pay my $7 co-pay my nurse told the staff at the front desk about my weight loss and they grabbed my hands saying congratulations and began to clap. Geesh! 
This is better than the Biggest Loser.  I thought to myself.  I made an appointment to get my first fill the following week under Dr. K's advice. The staff wished me luck this week in getting under 300lbs and waved goodbye. Feeling pretty good, I stepped into the elevator where I saw a surgical tech from my surgery day. " Oh you are looking to good these days! Your shape will be very GOOD in some months I think!" I smiled and said thank you as a nosey purple haired adjumma  tapped me on my shoulder and told me how very pretty I was. When it rains, it pours people! If I had been having a bad day my trip to Dr. K's surely turned it around.


I walked down the street in disbelief. Had I really lost 39 lbs? And why didn't I see what everyone else saw? I mean sure a few of my clothes felt a little loose but 39 lbs? I thought I should see a more significant change. I went home shrugged off the feeling and went about my day trying not to think about it. Why was I disappointed? I had lost the weight  of a small toddler in a mater of mere weeks. I guess those are some of the WLS emotional ups and downs.
 Today I looked at a smaller pair of jeggings I'd bought when I was stateside 10 months back gauging whether or not I could shimmy into them. I figured What the hell! Couldn't hurt to try. I put on my jeggings with ease and with room to spare!  I smiled and took out my favorite teal tank top. As I looked in to the mirror, my once snug tank top had become something like a tunic. So I tired a rope belt under my breast, gave myself one good look in the mirror and thought Now I see it! My first NSV ( Non-scale Victory) Fitting into my skinny jeans!

Doing the cabbage patch Muffin Top, Cornelius, and I are sharing Gwen Stefani's "Yummy:
Until next time...


3 comments:

  1. You looked cute that day. Glad you can now see the difference. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!! I hope I have as much success as you in my first month. That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strongly considering the lap band surgery. I'm currently in South Korea. The link you posted for the hospital is broken. Can you post it again?

    ReplyDelete