Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The beginning of something beautiful...

My Dearest Cornelius,


I imagine this is Cornelius
 I'd like to take a moment to tell you, how much I appreciate you. I know this thing between us was sudden and yet out if it is blossoming a beautiful relationship. These past 13 days have been a rollercoaster of emotions.
when I stepped on the scale the other day and saw I had lost 20.3lbs. I thought IMPOSSIBLE!  I did the cabbage patch (backwards and forwards)! With you in my life I feel like my weightloss goals are now acheiveable. You're not some magic muffin top band aid. You make me want to be a better me. To treat my body as the temple it was built to be.
So for these things I say thank you. For your support and companionship.
This is the beginning of something beautiful.
Love,
Moxy

Ok so a little update. Cornelius, Muffin top and I have found a way to peacefully coexist. For the time being at least. My students and co workers have noticed my weightl loss, more so than I have. " Oh teacher you are looking slimmer these days" or " Wow the diet is making you more beautiful"
Only is Korea is this acceptable. I'm going to miss Soko . LOL
 In other news, I went to a follow up with Dr. K. My incisions are healing nicely. However I still have pain around my port incision, which I ve heard is quite normal. While braving the Korean subway after my last appointment where my stitches were removed, I was elbowed in the stomach by a rude adjeoshi. This might have had everything or nothing to do with the pain I felt an hour later. However after arriving home I felt an absolutely terrible pain when I walked, sat up, breathed! Ugh! Laying down was the only thing that made it feel better. I checked http://www.lapbandtalk.com/ ( my go to for LB questions)  I found out that fellow newbie  post-op bandsters were experiencing similiar pain.  Similar or not it was a bit much to endure at work. So with a bottle of Tylenol and my comfy desk chair I made it work this week. 
I've graduated to soft foods.  Yay! I go through eggs like I'm getting paid for it. If any of you are at a loss for recipes check out the Apps for All Recipes.com  especially the  DinnerSpinner!  I'm excited for Monday! Solid foods!!! Woop woop!  I'd have to say Im pretty proud of myself for sticking to the diet and making healthy food choices. I'm a calorie counting hoe. I dont want to become obsessed with the scale so I've decided to weigh myself  once a week. Thurdays are now Weigh-in Days! With my impending trip back state side I have to say, I'm excited to go back if for nothing more that the food options. One of the draw back of being banded in South Korea is a  lack of of options. What I wouldnt give for a Jello pudding cup  and Tex Mex Chicken Chowder :)
Tomorrow I go for my 2nd follow up appointment with Dr. K.He'll be removing the last of my stitches and giving me a fill. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. I'm feeling good and ready for my fill!
Today Muffin Top, Cornelius and I are sharing :Use Somebody by the Kings of Leon


 

 Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment